Thursday, September 01, 2011

September

It's September 1st. I can hardly believe it. Summer is always so busy and it seems to pass in a blur.
But I am excited that a new month has begun. I like the beginning of months - flipping the page on the calendar and glancing at how our lives are scheduled for this month.
This month holds lots of new and exciting changes for us. The biggest (for us) is that Emily will start school is less than one week. We are both ready, although I am still slightly nervous. I'm sure she will be fine and I'm looking forward to spending some time with just Jacob, but my heart still squeezes when I think of dropping her off and leaving her for the day.
Piano will start back up soon, too. It's one of my favourite parts of the week. We're both looking forward to it.
We are going away this weekend, as well. Just a few nights to visit with my old roommate and then to stay one night in Niagara Falls. We are going with good friends and we know we will have many laughs together. Both my kids are getting watched by their grandma's, so I feel very at ease leaving them for two and a half days. We are blessed to have such great moms!

And finally, probably the most exciting thing happening in September... a new niece or nephew will be born! Mark and Bethany will have their first baby. Bethany will make such a fantastic mother and I am excited for this journey to begin for her.

There are a few other small things happening this month. A few birthdays and day trips are planned. I'm also looking forward to wardrobe change - warm hoodies, jeans, socks and shoes - and the changing colours. I'm not looking forward to winter, but I sure do love fall.

2 comments:

HeatherVMS said...

I love new months too! Ahhh fall! So lovely!

Lynnette VD said...

I love the changing of the seasons - because by the time that they arrive I'm ready for a change :) Looking so forward to September and the fall :) I guess it's going to be a big change with Emily gone!! I'm sure that she will have lots of fun!