For real. This recipe is SO simple and tastes so good. I can make it (when I don't have any helpers) in less time than it takes the oven to preheat, and it takes me about 3 minutes to clean up. Simple, fast, and delicious. Can't beat that! Here's how you do it:
- Mash 1/3C of softened butter with 4 small or 3 large bananas that your children and husband refuse to eat because they have too many brown spots on them.
- Add 1 C of regular sugar and stir.
- Add one egg. Slightly beat it while it's still sitting on top of the butter/sugar/banana mix and then stir to combine.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of baking soda and a pinch of salt on top of the wet mixture and stir.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla, stir.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of regular flour, 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
I love this recipe because you only need two different measuring utensils - a half cup measuring cup and a one teaspoon measuring spoon. You don't need to use your electric mixer - just a bowl and a wooden spoon is all you need here. My kids love to help me bake this bread, and it's the type of no-brainer recipe that I don't mind them helping with. Emily is an expert banana masher ;). And clean up is a breeze.