Thursday, March 10, 2011

sneak peek

I was hoping that if I went out and actually bought a new paint colour for my kitchen, I would be too impatient to wait and just start painting. Because waiting for the "right" time - a time when I wouldn't be interrupted by either of my children - will NEVER happen.

Well, I was right. I couldn't resist. I LOVE opening a brand new gallon of paint. There's none of that sticky, gooey gunk in the rim of the can, no drips down the outside label. And it's full to the top with the glorious colour you chose.

So it will be a slow going project - a wall here, a coat there. But it will get done. And it will look fantastic.

With the wonderful help of Sandra VanMaanen, I chose "camouflage". I've only painted one small wall, and it still needs another coat, but I already love, love, love it.

Goodbye nasty, anxiety inducing yellow. Hello soft, inviting, calming, relaxing, neutral camouflage :)

Here's a sneak peek:

the actual finished project might be a while coming. But doesn't it look better already????

2 comments:

MVD said...

looks great!

Anita said...

I love the colour you chose! I'm looking forward to the final 'reveal'! :-)