Friday, February 11, 2011

A good day

Sometimes, Jacob wakes up early. Too early. Like before 6am early. And as I lay in my nice warm bed I grind my teeth together in protest of the early hour.

I'm not a morning person. Before I had Emily I would sleep until 9:30, 10:00am on the days that I didn't have to work. But having children has molded and shaped me into someone who doesn't mind early mornings, and if the clock says 7am before someone wakes me up, I'm a very, very happy mom.

However, 6am is too early. Not because I'd like to sleep, although I wouldn't complain to catch a few more zzz's, but I find it makes our day L O N G. Especially cold winter days where we stay home all day. What do you do on your long days at home??

BUT. And here's the big BUT.

Sometimes, Jacob wakes up early. (I already said that). But I sneak in his room, give him a bottle and sneak out. I know, I know. He's too old to have a bottle. But that's not the point of my story. We'll talk about that later. I give him a bottle, he drinks it, and then??? He falls goes back to bed!!! Rejoice! Rejoice!

Emily will still wake up around 7:30am, but that's a-okay with me. Jacob will then sleep until 8:30 or 9:00. And then, he won't need a morning nap and he will have a nice long afternoon nap. It's so wonderful, and I love it when it works out that way.

And guess what? Today is one of those days. It's 8:55am as a type, and he's not awake. Yet.
And when he does wake up he will be so happy and cheerful. And it will be a good day.

I hope you have a good day, too.

2 comments:

Heather VMS said...

I am so not a morning person either! And my problem is Katie will just lay in bed talking and playing so I have no incentive to get up! She'll seriously lay there until past 10am! I love that she's so easy going, but something I wish she'd be a little more demanding and get me out of bed!

Household of Faith said...

Maybe I am a mean mom...but on a non school day, my kids have to stay in bed until 8/8:30...unless I say otherwise (My parents did the same when we were growing up). I used to be a morning person but the older I get the harder it seems to get out of bed in the morning! Our boys are used to that and don't seem to mind. :) I love my kids, but I love sleep too..and need it in order to function properly. :)