Monday, March 16, 2009

20 weeks.....


.....And getting a belly. Half way there!

And here are a few tidbits of information you may or may not know about our newest little guy:
- My official due date is Aug. 2 2009 DV
- I already have incredible heart burn - this kid better have lots of hair ;)
- I had a gut feeling this child was a boy and would have been shocked if I was told it was a girl, but then again I could have sworn Emily was a boy, and looked how that turned out!
- As of today this baby doesn't have a bedroom. The old nursery is home to our mammoth desk, Justin's guitars, and various HVAC computer components.
- This will grandchild number 12 for Justin's parents, and number 2 for my parents - just a small difference :)
- Our boy will be the first Pennings boy as Ryan, Jack, and Ethan are Slingerlands and VanDyks. But the girls will still out number the boys 2 to 1.
- Justin claims he would have been as excited to be having another girl, but I think there might be an tiny little part of him that jumps for joy when he thinks about having a son.
- When I was pregnant with Emily I used to pray "Lord,please keep this baby healthy and safe and make all things well for the rest of my pregnancy." For this baby I pray "Lord, please let this baby be a good sleeper and a happy, easy going baby." I of course pray for this baby's health, but it's funny how things change ;)
- We have already named this little boy, and if you ask Emily she'll tell you the baby's name is "Baby Rickie" after her much loved Uncle Rick. Although we also love Rick, I don't think we'll be naming our first born son after him!

3 comments:

Mel said...

oh, i forgot it was a boy! What fun!!

MVD said...

What your not really naming him baby Rickie??? Why not?j/k

Sylvia said...

August is a good month for having babies ;) Don't worry about a room - Addison finally got one at around 5 months old....and she doesn't even have enough room for her clothes to all go in a dresser.
It is true how for a second baby you think about getting sleep. Hopefully Emily keeps napping and it overlaps with the baby - then you can nap (or at least relax).
Too cute how Emily has picked a name for the baby. Just convince her to name a doll Baby Rickie.