Friday, January 27, 2012

How do YOU do it?

My friend Belinda blogged about a recent trip to the library. If you would like a good laugh, go here.
And I was going to ask this question in her comments section, but thought the more advice, the better. So I'm going to ask my question here.

What do you do with your loud, crazy, demanding toddlers when you take your older kids to the library??

I have been wanting to take Emily for quite a while. Especially now that the library has had a facelift. But I avoid it because of Jacob. I just know he will want to run through the aisle of books and ask to look at each book for approximately 1.3 seconds. It will be all but impossible to stay with both kids at the same time. And the stroller has become a thing of the past.... instant screaming when he sees the thing. Oh, and he's loud. REALLY loud.

So what do YOU do? What's the tolerance level (from the library's perspective) for noise from little kids? Any good advice or tricks?

I know Emily would love the library. She is big - HUGE - into books and reading. Hopefully, with some advice from you, we will be perusing the books soon :)

2 comments:

HeatherVMS said...

My advice? Drop Jacob here for a visit with Katie and take Emily in peace!

Amanda said...

The Library ladies are pretty tolerant and during the day it's not very busy. Evenings are pretty busy (and loud) with all kinds of tweens playing computer...as if that's what the library is for :-)