Thursday, August 11, 2011

JACOB


In honour of Jacob's 2nd birthday, here is post all about him:

Let me set the scene:

The kids and I arrived home from picking up a few things at Walmart right around the time the construction guys were packing up. I quickly put 99% of my purchases away. In fact, I only did NOT put away one item.

Anyway, I then headed upstairs to do the daily construction clean-up; folding up drop cloths, dusting dressers, sweeping and vacuuming. Emily likes to help me with this chore, and she usually does the dusting. We had made our way through all the dirt and grime when I realized that I hadn't had a single interruption from Jacob. I went in search of him with a bit of trepidation in my heart - all moms know that no noise from a toddler is usually not a good thing!
And this is what I found.





I couldn't help but laugh. He was so proud of his tp tower. You could see in his eyes he didn't make the mess out of disobedience or rebellion. He just found some really cool building materials (and the bag of bags that had once held our other Walmart purchases.) and got to work. He enthusiastically helped me clean up and said an "I'm sorry" when I told him he has made a big mess.

Happy Birthday, buddy.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Cutie! What a funny boy!

Bethany said...

lol at least he was just building towers, it doesn't look like he unraveled too much of it. Happy Birthday, Jacob :)

Lynnette VD said...

to funny!

Wilma Pennings said...

He's very constructive at least! He could've unrolled them all!