Sunday, July 26, 2009

I am ready....

UPDATE:
You are all going to laugh at me, but I must confess that shortly after posting my last entry, our baby became nameless, once again. I'm so incredibly torn between the two "finalists". I like and dislike them both for different reasons. So as of right now my poor baby boy is still known as "Justin Jr." Wouldn't we shock everyone by actually naming him that???
But on a better note, I've used the last few days to complete even more tasks that will make life easier once 'JJ' is born.
I've:
-cut up a bunch of different veggies, vac-packed them, and put them in the freezer
-painted my toenails
-made up several little goodie bags for Emily to open while staying at my mom and dad's for a few days
-pre-purchased shower gifts, birthday gifts, and baby gifts so that I won't have to it with a newborn
-remembered that Justin probably wouldn't mind some toiletries and a change of clothes for the hospital and have packed them
-put everything by the front door that we need to take with us when this little guy decides it's time to show up.

Now all that's left to do is wait...


Original Post:
I have:
-my hospital bag packed
-extra batteries in the camera case
-the car seat installed in the back of the buick
-the baby bedding washed
-all the baby clothes washed
-the bassinet set up
-a new bathtub sling
-the "to-call" list with names and phone numbers
-all the towels washed, dried, and put away
- the house obsessively clean
- extra meat, bread, and cheese in the freezer
- extra dried good/canned goods in the cupboards
- the soothers sterilized
-my 'postpartum' clothes washed
-a NAME for this baby (finally!)
... now all I need is a little baby boy.

One week and counting.....

3 comments:

Lucy van Eyk said...

If you have any advice on how to agree on a name, that would be much appreciated!
Blessings!!
Aunt Lucy in week 30!

Taunya said...

wow Jen. I was never that prepared and mine were all late lol. good job getting everything ready especially right after moving. you're good! and glad you have a name

MVD said...

Glad you have a name now:-) Its always good to know what your going to call him when he comes, although we've all gotten pretty use to calling him Justin Jr. :-)
Can't wait to get the call, and I'll be on my way to meet the little man!!! (without my kids, don't worry).
Aunt Lucy a good way to get Uncle John to like a name is to start talking about the baby like its already named what you want it to be, it got Rick to like all three of our names:-) Or make him feel like it was his idea to name the baby the name you picked...:-)
lol.