Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me Monday

I'm following in Taun's footsteps and trying out a NMM post. To find out more, visit http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ .



This week I did not miss my sister. Everyday. I could not tell you that there are 57 days until she comes home for Christmas. I have not already started planning various activities for us to do when she's home and I am not TOTALLY looking forward to making another pitiful looking gingerbread house with her.
I am not majorly bummed that her rotation placements, while still in Canada, are in places too far away to visit. What good does that do me? But I am also not looking on the bright side that Northern Ontario is a whole lot closer than Australia.

Emily did not ask to watch the "elephant jumping" video a million and ten times this week. To not show your kids this funny clip, do not click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK27aknWVI4
Be warned, that viewing this video may also make you want to blog about the number of times your kids did not ask to watch it. Emily did not get addicted to this video while at her cousin's house, and she did not learn that the elephant has a big bum from one of them :)

I did not ask Justin (repeatedly) if we could keep the stray cat. I most certainly did not let it in the house after Justin told me not to. I am too much of a submissive wife to defy my husband. Emily did not scream with delight as she chased it all over the house and we did not feed it the left over turkey from Thanksgiving. Oh, and Justin is aware of this.

This is not my first Not Me Monday post and I did not enjoy it. I definitely do not recommend you try it.

4 comments:

Pastor Rob VanDoodewaard said...

good job Jen!
leftover turkey - lucky cat!
that elephant clip is hilarious. I love watching his trunk. my kids will think its funny

Danielle said...

Fun post Jen! So fun to read and I'm sure it will become addicting=o) Too funny about the cat. I'm sure Emily just loves it!

Mel said...

this is fun eh!
I most definately did not take your recomendation to not try this...does that mean I did do it or not?!
I like your shoe post-very neat.

Household of Faith said...

fun post! I think I would be too confused to even try one. Your shoe post was neat too, I think we all have a favourite something that we just can't seem to part with.