Thursday, January 18, 2007

Reno pictures




Just an update on my kitchen. The drywall is up, and the pot lights are in. (All the electrical is done). I even have two speakers in the ceiling that will be hooked up to the radio/receiver (or little silver box as Janet refers to it!! :) ) in the living room. That way I don't have to have my ugly, circa 1999, CD player on my counter all the time. With the dry wall up the room looks huge. Justin is still on the look out for someone to come and finish up the job, but I think he has a good lead from Dan. Hopefully things will keep progressing at the same rate, as so much has been accomplished lately. I'm posting a WAY before picture of the kitchen (from the last home owner) just to remember what it used to look like. Looks nice in the picture, but I have to remember the lack of counter space, and the fact that none of my appliances fit between the counter top and bottom of the uppers!


And.... one last picture of the nursery. I was informed by my lovely husband yesterday that I'm not a very good photographer when it comes to taking pictures of rooms. He doesn't want everyone to think that our baby will be living in a closet (apparently the last picture I posted made it look too small). So here ya go.....


Sorry about all the text, but it really is 2:55am and I'm just a tad bored!

10 comments:

MVD said...

So exciting!!I was hoping you would post some reno pictures seeings how I never get to "pop" in and see how things are going (its hard to pop these days). Glad that things are going as quickly as they are! Looks really awesome, very cool that you have speakers in the ceiling. Tell Justin good job!

Taunya said...

wow, the nursery looks huge. lol.
the kitchen looks good with a bigger window, that will be a nice roomy kitchen.

Matt and Julianna said...

Looking great! how much farther do you have til your due date (I keep forgetting). I like it when there is a little bit of text, I think it's nice to have a little bit of both.

Mel said...

The baby room looks very sweet!

Sylvia said...

Looks good! I'm sure you will love it when you new kitchen is done. The nursery still looks good too...taking pictures of rooms is hard...they never look as good/big as they really are.

Laura said...

Everything is looking great! Your kitchen is coming along nicely and I like the idea of having speakers in there too! That will be nice! I love how you painted the nursery and I hope that you are happy with it. I have to get working on Jordan's room but just don't have the time right now. Hopefully soon!

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

Your house is looking great! I love the nursery!!! I think I want another girl so I can do something like that ;o)

Wilma Pennings said...

Finally I see a light at the end of the tunnel! I love the windows. What are you doing up at 2:00?!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your house is really coming along! It's such a good feeling, eh? Your nursery reminds me of Lauren's nursery at our last house - same idea with the two colours of pink and the chair rail inbetween. Can't wait to see it with your bedding set in there. Your kitchen looks really big - it'll be so nice to have some more room, and to have it warm too! Did I see tiles on the floor in there already? Did you decide to go with the heating coils for under the tiles? Well I must say, the poker room looks MUCH better as a den! :)

PS. I'm so glad you guys have a digital camera now - your blog is so much more interesting than before! LOL

Jen said...

Lauren's old nursery did inspire me!
The "tile" on the floor in the kitchen is actually just painted ply wood that was under the stick on tiles that Justin pulled up... it's quite ugly! We've decided not to put in the heated floor just due to cost and the fact that I just don't think I would appreciate it.
Hopefully I'll have my nursery furniture on the 23rd, so I can get everything set up and then take some more pictures!