Wednesday, April 27, 2011

After the Storm...

The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.


It POURED this morning. We had all the lights on during the day because the sky was so black. I thought it would be a good day for baking and catching up on my least favourite chores. Which we did. But then, all of sudden the clouds disappeared and the sun shone down warming up our dull day.

Emily quickly noticed the change in weather and ran to our electronic thermostat in the dining room. "Mom! It's warm out. And sunny. Can we PLEASE go outside? It rained ALL day, which means.... PUDDLES!"
Ugh. Puddles. I, personally, am not a huge fan. But my kids love them and you're only a kid once. So, we put on our rain boots and headed into the backyard.
My children also received big bubble tubes lately, from a Grandma who shall remain nameless, and so they were also eager to try them out.

I have to admit, we had a pretty good time. The sunshine was such a blessing, making us all so cheerful and co-operative.
And it's true. The best part about rain is the puddles.
But the worst part of rain? Is ALSO the puddles.... example:
Even manly-man Jacob did NOT like falling in the muddy water. This was his face afterwards:
But he cheered up quickly with the promise of some trampoline fun.
"Come on in, Mom. It's fun....."
Taking a break :)

What did you do on your cold, cold wet day??

1 comment:

HeatherVMS said...

I love thunderstorms and rain falling by the buckets! Amanda and I cleaned her kitchen yesterday in the rain(we cleaned my a few weeks ago)Such a good trade off!